Acceleration should cause Time Dilation
Pentcho Valev
2007-10-15 06:25:34 UTC
A person pulling Hi G's in a plane can barely move, likewise a clock
should also have a hard time moving, which would cause time dilation?
The decay of muons is a clock that is unaffected by an acceleration of
10^18 g -- vastly larger than any pilot could sustain.
Yet none of the airplane time dilation tests seem to have taken this
into account.
There is no such effect to take into account.
As well Gravity generates a time dilation,
It is not "gravitational force" or "gravitational acceleration" that is
associated with gravitational time dilation, it is a difference in
gravitational potential. Loosely speaking, that is a difference in
energy, not an acceleration.
Tom Roberts
Bravo Roberts bravo Tom bravo Albert Einstein of our generation
(Hawking is no longer the Albert Einstein of our generation)! Let me
elaborate. What you say above is in accordance with what only half of
your criminal brothers teach - that the speed of light is CONSTANT in
a gravitational field:

http://www.astronomynotes.com/relativity/s4.htm
"Prediction: light escaping from a large mass should lose energy---the
wavelength must increase since the speed of light is constant.
Stronger surface gravity produces a greater increase in the
wavelength. This is a consequence of time dilation. Suppose person A
on the massive object decides to send light of a specific frequency f
to person B all of the time. So every second, f wave crests leave
person A. The same wave crests are received by person B in an interval
of time interval of (1+z) seconds. He receives the waves at a
frequency of f/(1+z). Remember that the speed of light c = (the
frequency f) (the wavelength L). If the frequency is reduced by
(1+z) times, the wavelength must INcrease by (1+z) times: L_atB =
(1+z) L_atA. In the doppler effect, this lengthening of the
wavelength is called a redshift. For gravity, the effect is called a
GRAVITATIONAL REDSHIFT."

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_sp_gr.html
"Is light affected by gravity? If so, how can the speed of light be
constant? Wouldn't the light coming off of the Sun be slower than the
light we make here? If not, why doesn't light escape a black hole?
Yes, light is affected by gravity, but not in its speed. General
Relativity (our best guess as to how the Universe works) gives two
effects of gravity on light. It can bend light (which includes effects
such as gravitational lensing), and it can change the energy of light.
But it changes the energy by shifting the frequency of the light
(gravitational redshift) not by changing light speed. Gravity bends
light by warping space so that what the light beam sees as "straight"
is not straight to an outside observer. The speed of light is still
constant." Dr. Eric Christian

The other half of the hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult, among them
YOU Roberts Roberts, the Albert Einstein of our generation (Hawking is
no longer the Albert Einstein of our generation), teach that the speed
of light in a gravitational field is VARIABLE; as you know Roberts
Roberts, this implies that there is NO GRAVITATIONAL TIME DILATION:

http://www.blazelabs.com/f-g-gcont.asp
"The first confirmation of a long range variation in the speed of
light travelling in space came in 1964. Irwin Shapiro, it seems, was
the first to make use of a previously forgotten facet of general
relativity theory -- that the speed of light is reduced when it passes
through a gravitational field....Faced with this evidence, Einstein
stated:"In the second place our result shows that, according to the
general theory of relativity, the law of the constancy of the velocity
of light in vacuo, which constitutes one of the two fundamental
assumptions in the special theory of relativity and to which we have
already frequently referred, cannot claim any unlimited validity. A
curvature of rays of light can only take place when the velocity of
propagation of light varies with position."......Today we find that
since the Special Theory of Relativity unfortunately became part of
the so called mainstream science, it is considered a sacrilege to even
suggest that the speed of light be anything other than a constant.
This is somewhat surprising since even Einstein himself suggested in a
paper "On the Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light,"
Annalen der Physik, 35, 1911, that the speed of light might vary with
the gravitational potential. Indeed, the variation of the speed of
light in a vacuum or space is explicitly shown in Einstein's
calculation for the angle at which light should bend upon the
influence of gravity. One can find his calculation in his paper. The
result is c'=c(1+V/c^2) where V is the gravitational potential
relative to the point where the measurement is taken. 1+V/c^2 is also
known as the GRAVITATIONAL REDSHIFT FACTOR."

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae13.cfm
"So, IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE THAT THE SPEED OF LIGHT IS NOT CONSTANT in
a gravitational field [which, by the equivalence principle, applies as
well to accelerating (non-inertial) frames of reference]. If this were
not so, there would be no bending of light by the gravitational field
of stars....Indeed, this is exactly how Einstein did the calculation
in: "On the Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light,"
Annalen der Physik, 35, 1911. which predated the full formal
development of general relativity by about four years. This paper is
widely available in English. You can find a copy beginning on page 99
of the Dover book "The Principle of Relativity." You will find in
section 3 of that paper, Einstein's derivation of the (variable) speed
of light in a gravitational potential, eqn (3). The result is, c' = c0
( 1 + V / c^2 ) where V is the gravitational potential relative to the
point where the speed of light c0 is measured."
CAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT EXCEED 300000 km/s IN A GRAVITATIONAL FIELD?
Sure, depending on the physical conditions of the measurement. It can
also be less than "300000 km/s" (by which I assume you really mean the
standard value for c). And this can happen even for an accelerated
observer in a region without any significant gravitation (e.g. in
Minkowski spacetime).
Pentcho Valev
m***@gmail.com
2007-10-15 06:55:45 UTC
Post by Pentcho Valev
[...]
Pentcho Valev- Hide quoted text -
Acceleration causes time go slower. Speed keeps it there.

Mitch Raemsch